The player is listed first, the number of forward passes he has made in the Premier League and the percentage of his overall passes that are forwards.
I have them all in a database so we can see if anyone gets near Sandro's 70.13% from last season. The central defenders will, but will anyone else get anywhere near the 70% barrier?
Early indications are that we pass forward more on the right side of the field than we do on the left side.
As you would expect the central defenders pass forward the most, again more so on the right side than the left.
Bottom of the early league table and also on the left is Nacer Chadli, it will be interesting to see if the right-sided forward passing trend continues at Tottenham as the season progresses.
Tottenham Hotspur Passing Forwards League Table
- Younes Kaboul 127 passes 80.38%
- Jan Vertonghen 61 passes 75.31%
- Etienne Capoue 187 passes 63.61%
- Kyle Naughton 9 passes 60.00%
- Eric Dier 86 passes 59.72%
- Nabil Bentaleb 111 passes 59.36%
- Christian Eriksen 92 passes 58.60%
- Danny Rose 68 passes 56.67%
- Harry Kane 11 passes 55.00%
- Mousa Dembele 29 passes 49.15%
- Ben Davies 8 passes 44.44%
- Aaron Lennon 7 passes 43.75%
- Erik Lamela 37 passes 38.84%
- Emmanuel Adebayor 29 passes 34.52%
- Andros Townsend 11 passes 34.38%
- Roberto Soldado 1 pass 33.33%
- Nacer Chadli 20 passes 32.79%
Next up I'll bring you the Tottenham Hotspur Crossing Accuracy League Table and tomorrow I'll bring you the Tottenham Hotspur Tackles Won League Table and the Tottenham Hotspur Headers Won League Table, both of which will be determined by percentage success.
I'll then update them throughout the season so we can see how everyone progresses.